Please submit art files via email or our FTP site.
We can receive email attachments up to about 10 Mb. If you are sending multiple files, large files, and/or email proves to be unreliable, you can also upload files to our secure FTP site here.
Software Supported (Mac and PC versions) (CS6 is preferred)
Adobe Photoshop – versions up to and including CC
Adobe Illustrator – versions up to and including CC
Adobe InDesign – versions up to and including CC
We can receive files in the following formats: .ai, .pdf, .eps, .indd.
*Our preferred format is an Adobe Illustrator file with all fonts converted to outlines.
Please include an accurately sized die line (preferably on a separate layer in a spot color). Please ensure the artboard is sized to the die cut. Include a minimum of 1/16” bleed off of the artboard.
Please check the spelling in your designs before submitting the artwork. We do proofread before submitting proofs for approval, but it is your responsibility to ensure that all spelling is correct.
A full bleed is when the color “bleeds” off the label. If your label design or background color is intended to cover the entire surface of the label, please note that we require an 1/8″ (0.125″) bleed around each edge of the label. We can create this bleed if necessary for an additional charge but it might alter the intended look of your design.
Please leave at least 1/8″ (0.125″) of space with no significant design elements or text inside the die line to allow for slight shifts during die-cutting if your design is not intended to cover the entire label.
All text should be converted to outlines. If you are unable to convert your text to outlines, please include the font files when submitting your artwork. We have an extensive font library, but to ensure that we use the exact version of the font used in your design, we ask that you include the font files when possible.
All images used in your design need to be included with your artwork or embedded into the file. Any linked image files will need to be sent along with the art file if they are not embedded. The images need to be at least 300 dpi at full size. Images should also include bleed that is cropped with a clipping mask to allow for accurate trapping.
If your design has reverse (white/knockout) copy in an area with an image(s), please include a solid color stroke around the type to allow for trapping. A black keyline is preferred.
Remember when building in CMYK that a minimum of 30% difference in the cyan to magenta ratio is needed to produce blue on press. eg. 100-C, 70-M. If the build is any higher in magenta, the print outcome will appear purple.
Files should not be built in RGB. Files are printed in CMYK or CMYKOVG with or without spot colors.
Files converted from RGB or any other colorspace with result in a dramatic color shift.
Unless a rich black is an intentional element in your design, please ensure all black text/graphics are built in a singular black color.
If your job is to run flexo, please double check colors used by either viewing or printing color separations to a postscript capable printer. Please delete any unused colors/swatches.
If your design is to be printed on foil or clear material, please include a spot opaque swatch with the opaque art on a separate layer. If you do not have the experience necessary to create a spot opaque layer or varnish layer, we can do so for you for an additional charge. In this instance, please be clear as to what elements of the file should show the substrate coming through.
Revisions / Edits:
If artwork requires FPO’s, text edits, etc., please make sure this is indicated in the email subject line and any revisionary instructions clearly stated at the top of the body of the email.
SHRINK SLEEVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
• Do we have a container, and if so, does the customer require the container to be returned?
• Is the shrink sleeve to cover the entire container? If not, where exactly is the sleeve to be applied?
• Is the shrink sleeve to act as a safety seal, thus, requiring a perforation?
• If indicated, what type of perf does the customer need and where? (T-Perf, Vertical Perf or Linear/Horizontal Perf)
• Does the customer require a shrink sleeve template? (Sleeve templates are provided in Adobe Illustrator CS6 format and Adobe PDF).
• What part/job#’s are associated with the particular container? Please add these job numbers to the correct Bottle SKU number in the log file so prepress assigns the artwork to the correct container. (Some have been added from previous orders to the Excel sheet as we’ve come across them).
• Will the customer be deciding where the fold location placement is or is it up to Genflex? (Fold lines must be >/= .75” from either slit edge due to forming shoe limitations.)
• Do we need to indicate the location of high shrinkage areas on the template?
• Does the customer require a 3D rendering of the shrink sleeve placed on the container?
We care greatly about delivering the best product in a timely manner. Being proactive in the design process helps us accomplish this goal. Please make every effort to submit your art files using the above guidelines. Any artwork that does not comply with these guidelines may cause a delay in the proofing process, incur additional art charges and ultimately delay your order.